II. Personal Information We Collect
A. Information You Give Us
You may be asked to provide personal information to submit or request information from us, or to use the Service, including to create an account / profile on the Application. This information may include information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, mobile phone number, date of birth, social security number, a photo and a nickname, as well as additional profile and demographic information, such as personal emergency instructions and information. Once you provide us with personal information about you, you are no longer anonymous to us.
B. Automated Information Collection
We (and our affiliates and business partners) may collect certain information about your use of the Service through the use of tracking/recording technologies or by other passive means. This "passively collected" information includes, but is not limited to, the domain name of the website that allowed you to navigate to the Service, search engines used, the internet protocol (IP) address used, the length of time spent using the Service, the pages you looked at while using the Service, other websites you visited before and after using the Service, the type of internet browser you have, the frequency with which you use the Service, and other relevant statistics, including the following:
• Log Information. When you access the Service, our servers automatically record information that your browser or mobile device sends whenever you visit a website or use a mobile application. These server logs may include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, your computer operating system, mobile device and mobile operating system, name of your internet service provider or your mobile carrier, one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of characters) that may uniquely identify your browser and location data collected from your mobile device.
• Links. The Service may include links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed by IP addresses. We use this information to improve the quality of our products and design.
• URLs. When you access the Service, we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave the Service. Additionally, advertisers receive the URL of the page you were on when you click on an ad on the Service.
• Web Beacons. Web beacons (also known as "pixel tags" or "clear GIFs") are 1x1 single-pixel graphics that allow us to count the number of users who have visited or accessed the Service and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. We may employ web beacons to facilitate Service administration and navigation, to track the actions of users of the Service, to compile aggregate statistics about Service usage and response rates, and to provide an enhanced online experience for visitors to the Service. We may also include web beacons in HTML-formatted e-mail messages that we send to determine which e-mail messages were opened.
• Mobile Device Specific Information. When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store a unique identification numbers associated with your device or the Application, mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, and, depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude), WiFi location or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device.
• Social Media. When you interact with the Service through a social media website or mobile application, we may receive information from such social media website or mobile application such as your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID associated with such social media account, age range, language, country, friends list, and any other information such social media website or mobile application is permitted to share with third parties. The data received from a social media website or mobile application is dependent upon and subject to your privacy settings with such social media website or mobile application.
• Messaging. We collect information you send in messages through the Service, as well as in any messages you send to the Company.
• Aggregate Information. We may compile certain personal information and other information collected through the Service on an aggregate basis. This information may include, without limitation, the number of people who have visited the Service and other user demographics. Such aggregate information does not identify you individually.
III. How We Use Personal Information
Personal information collected through the Service may be used by us and our affiliates for purposes of:
• Responding to your questions and feedback;
• Providing the Service, including tracking your location;
• Contacting you, whether by email, postal mail, or telephone with information about the Service, and any of our other products or services;
• For such purposes as you may authorize at the time you submit the information;
• Auditing, research, and analysis to maintain, protect, and improve the Service;
• Ensuring the technical functions of our network;
• Improving and customizing the content and layout of the Site or the Application;
• Tailoring advertisements or marketing campaigns to you;
• Developing new products and services;
• Compiling personal information and other information collected through the Service on an aggregate basis.
IV. Personal Information We Share
We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise share personal information collected through the Service, except as described below:
• In Connection with our Offerings. The Service involves the sharing of certain personal information collected through the Service with (i) other users of the Service, and (ii) as you otherwise provide your consent. Information which you upload, post, e-mail, submit or otherwise transmit in connection with the Service to other users of the Service, a public message board, chat area or other public area of the Service will be made public to users of the Service, including certain metadata related to such activities (such as timestamps).
You are solely responsible for any such information you choose to post on or through the Service. All information that is posted to a message board, chat area, or other public area of the Service may be shared by us with others.
• Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may share personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes for which you provided the information or as reasonably necessary for our internal administrative and business purposes.
• Service Providers. We work with third parties that provide services on our behalf. Such services may include website hosting, marketing, and website / mobile application usage analytics. We may share personal information and non-personal information with these third parties for the purpose of enabling them to provide these services. We do not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of such third parties.
• Consent. We may share personal information in accordance with any consent you provide.
• Required by Law. We may disclose personal information or any information collected through this Service if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, in response to a request from government officials or law enforcement authorities, or as necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity.
• Certain Transactions. We may disclose or transfer personal information or any information collected through the Service to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
• Third Party / Behavioral Tracking. We may share, or we may permit third parties, including social media websites or advertisers, to collect your personal information, including data regarding location, browsing behavior or use of the Service through cookies, social plug-ins, or other tracking technology, so that such third parties may display ads relevant to your interests on the Service as well as on other websites or services, or on other devices you may use.
V. Aggregate Information
VI. Your Choices
A. Information You Provide
You can always choose whether or not to provide information on the Service. However, if you choose not to disclose certain information, you may not be able to register as a user of the Service, which may limit your access to certain portions of the Service.
B. Communications From Us
If at any time you decide that you no longer wish to receive notices from us regarding the Service, you may indicate this preference by contacting us at email@example.com.
VII. Information Storage and Security
We employ reasonable security precautions to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information provided on or through the Service. These security measures include Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and user authentication. However, no method of transmitting or storing data is completely secure. As a result, although we strive to protect personal information about you, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us through or in connection with the Service. If you have reason to believe that personal information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately by contacting us in accordance with the last section below.
VIII. A Special Note about Children
Children are not eligible to use the Service, and we ask that minors (children under the age of 13) not submit any personal information to us. If you are a minor, you can use the Service only in conjunction with your parents or guardians.
IX. External Links
X. Special Admonitions for International Use
The Service is hosted in the United States and is intended for use by residents of the United States of America only. All matters relating to the Service are governed exclusively by the laws of the State of North Carolina in the United States of America and not the jurisdiction in which you are located. If you are located outside of the United States of America and you contact us, please be advised that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States of America and that by submitting information, you explicitly authorize such transfer.
XI. Updates to this Privacy Statement